Whatever you do, don’t dive into a capital campaign!
Begin with the wound, not a band-aid. (Ouch. It hurts when you rip one off, doesn’t it?)
There is a better way . . . the way of the Master. Live it. Talk about it. Be it. The Gospel.
Be a follower and leader who resembles Jesus. One who shows grace. One who eats on the Sabbath. One who pays for the injured’s lodge. One who gives their life away.
Develop a culture where Christ-likeness is lived and propagated:
- Be intentional about calling people to their identities.
- Show people what really matters.
- Cast tangible vision and impact.
- Be intentional to disciple people.
- Help people to communicate.
Campaigns are not bad. Yet often we look only to them to solve our challenges. There are earlier and foundational steps; there are holistic ways to tackle financial challenges:
- Is your budget accountable?
- Is your culture generous?
- Is your heart pure?
- Is your spiritual formation plan comprehensive?
- Is your vision sustainable?
- Is your budget strategic?
- Is your information correct?
Who will you be, and what will you do, to move upwards and forward?