Has God changed . . . His attributes, call, or the gospel?
Then why is the following happening in Protestant churches in the U.S. and what does it mean for us as pastors? (Source: LifeWay Research, April 2019.)
- 6 in 10 are plateaued or declining in attendance.
- Almost half (46 percent) say their giving decreased or stayed the same from 2017 to 2018.
- Fifty-four percent of pastors say fewer than 10 people indicated a new commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior in 2018, including 8 percent who had none.
I’d like to hear your insights and to also be a help to change these numbers – we’re in this together!
Four things you may consider are:
- Treat people like people, not numbers
- Follow through on projects and ideas
- Ensure that each member of your team is thriving
- Pray, fast, repent, and change
The planning, investments, and choices we make today will heavily impact our momentum for weeks, months, and years to come.