16 ways to improve your financial position, make a difference on earth, and ways to reap the rewards.
Food & Drink
- Purchase four less prepared coffees at a coffee shop = $10/mo.
- Eat at a restaurant four fewer times = $30/mo.
- Drink water instead of juice or soda five days a week = $10/mo.
- Eat more plant-based foods such as rice, potatoes, and beans = $20/mo.
Home & Transportation
- Turn out the lights = $10/mo.
- Run the air conditioner and/or heater less = $25/mo.
- Decrease home services = $15/mo.
- Make fewer trips out = $20/mo.
Entertainment & Expendables
- Get rid of television and web services = $50/mo.
- Purchase your outfit at a thrift shop instead of the mall = $15/mo.
- Go outside instead of to a movie at a theater = $10/mo.
Extra Bonus Money Over a Year
- Use less hair and skin products = $20/mo.
- Change your own oil = $25/mo.
- Purchase used/refurbished goods (i.e. tools, phones, etc.) = $15/mo.
- Update a space with less (i.e. paint, decorations, etc.) = $10/mo.
- Sponsor a child living without clean water, education, etc. = $40/mo.
- Fund a reserve account for unexpected expenses or opportunities = $50/mo.
- Pay off debts = $50/mo.
- Take a vacation = $35/mo.
- Give 10% to a nonprofit = $28/mo.
- Save for the future = $30/mo.
- Throw a party for your friends = $15/mo.
- Pay for a doctor’s visit or a message = $20/mo.
- Cook a special meal each month $12/mo.